Sunday, July 5, 2020


Jefferson Ward EQ Spotlight



Ron Willes

(Elders Quorum Secretary)

            I was born and raised in Lehi, Utah. My sister  and I grew up on a 20 acre farm, We raised celery, wheat, barley, sugar beets . I must say that we had a wonderful childhood. I could ride my bike and motor scooter all over. we didn't lock our homes or cars.

           I attended Lehi schools and tried out for the football team but I was to small 95 lbs. I wrestled in the 121 lb class and lettered.I had some great close friends in high school, five of us would drag main and chase around together. My first car was a 1952 Ford.My Senior year I went to Provo Tec for a Electrical class for half the day. After high school I joined the Army National Guard and spent 2 months at Fort Ord California and four months at Ft Belvor Virginia, We were able to go into Washington DC and tour all the historical sites.

          Went to Cedar City to school for 1 1/2 yrs. Called to serve a mission in the Southwest British Mission June 1962 to June 1964. Met LuJane two weeks after I got home from my mission, we dated  for a year and a half and were married January 20, 1966 in the Salt Lake Temple.We lived in Pleasant Grove while I went to school at the Provo Tech,  graduating with a associate  Degree in Refrigeration and Air Condition. Got a job with Sears as a Refrigeration Tech. 

         We moved  to Salt and lived in a apartment on Paxton Ave for two years.We moved into our home here in Murray, June of 1969 Where we have lived for the past 51 years.  We have raised seven children, four daughters, two are twins, three sons, We are blessed to have 25 grand children and 3 great grand children. 

         After Working for Sears for 31 years 11 months and12 days I retired in May 1998.  We have traveled to England twice, Went to China, went on a Alaska cruise and Christmas in Branson, American Heritage/L.D.S Church History tour. Served as a Temple Ordinance Worker in the Jordan River for over 10 years. Served as Bishop of the 19th Ward.  We served as Missionaries in the  Nauvoo Temple for 18 months, We had church callings at the Metro Jail in the women's unit for 40 months.  In my spare time  I like to ride my bike and spend time with our kids and grandkids


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Jefferson Ward Devotional On Sunday, September 6th at 9:30 am, the Bishopric will hold a virtual morning devotional. This will be a brief ...